1/2/2018 - NORTH COUNTRY CHAMBER ANNOUNCES OFFICERS FOR 2018
The North Country Chamber of Commerce has announced the recent election of the following officers for 2018:
- CHAIRMAN: Kent Backus, V.P. and Regional Banking Manager, Community Bank, N.A.
- FIRST VICE CHAIRMAN: John Vermette, General Manager, Spencer ARL
- SECOND VICE CHAIRMAN AND TREASURER: Terry Beyer, Schluter Systems
- PAST CHAIR: Linda Bourgeois, President and CEO UFirst Federal Credit Union
- PRESIDENT AND CEO: Garry Douglas
In addition, the following Division Chairs were appointed for 2018:
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Victor Podd, NorthStar and Linda Bourgeois, UFirst FCU
- GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS: John VanNatten, Glens Falls National Bank
- INDUSTRIAL COUNCIL: John Vermette, Spencer ARL
- ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Mark Coombs, Upstone Materials and Kent Backus, Community Bank
- VISITORS BUREAU: Shannon Rulfs, Rulfs Orchard and Vicki Demarse Giroux, LaQuinta Inn and Suites
- FINANCE: Terry Beyer, Schluter Systems
The officers and division chairs also constitute the Chamber's Executive Committee.
The North Country Chamber of Commerce is the largest business and economic development organization in northern New York, linking more than 4,000 businesses and employers across Clinton, Franklin, Essex, Hamilton and northern Warren Counties and Akwesasne. For more information visit www.northcountrychamber.com.