4/4/2019 - 4/5/2019 - OSHA 10 Hour Construction OSHA 29 CFR 1926 -4/2019Location: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $36.00 / Non-Member Price: $36.00
OSHA 10 Hour Construction OSHA 29 CFR 1926
April 4-5, 2019
4/4/19: 8am - 4:30pm
This course meets the training requirements of New York State Labor Law 220-h. This regulation requires all laborers, workers, and mechanics, working on construction, reconstruction, maintenance and/or repair of public work, where the total cost of all work to be performed under the contract is at least two hundred fifty thousand dollars, must have successfully completed this course. This includes the contractor and all subcontractors.
This course covers OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as construction industry safety and health principles. Upon successful course completion, the student will receive an OSHA construction industry safety and health 10-hour course completion card.
· scope and application of the OSHA construction industry standards,
· special emphasis on those areas that are the most hazardous
(i.e., fall protection, caught-in-between, struck by, and electrical)
· hazard communication, silica, personal protective equipment, hand & power tools, scaffolding, excavation, fire safety, etc.
Instructor: Angelo Garcia, Future Environment Designs
Angelo Garcia, III is founder and president of Future Environment Designs (FED), one of the nation’s leading indoor air quality, industrial hygiene and safety service companies that is based in Syosset, New York. He has been a consultant working with government and industry on issues relating to asbestos and indoor air quality since he founded the company in 1988 An industrial hygienist since 1981, Mr. Garcia is certified on the national level as a Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC), Indoor Air Quality Professional (CIAQP) and Indoor Air Quality Consultant (CIAQC) and has achieved the highest level of accreditation in the field.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund