1/23/2018 - Chemical SafetyLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $12.00 / Non-Member Price: $12.00
Chemical Safety Awareness is designed for any employees who have the potential to be exposed to chemicals in the workplace. The course will provide a better understanding of the effects of chemicals and how they can affect an individual and how to deal with chemicals safely.
· Gaining an understanding of the hazards associated with working with chemicals in the workplace
· Being aware of the safety controls required to be implemented during work activities to manage risks associated with the use, storage, transport, handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals
Instructor: GEORGE MAUCH, CITEC
George Mauch has spent over thirty years with General Motors in various management positions. The majority of his career was spent in manufacturing. Concerning his role dealing with safety specifically responsible for training and implementation of safe work practices, rolling out new safety initiatives; Job hazard analysis, What’s wrong with this picture, Pre-task planning, Take two, Team board implementation and related safety metrics, and fork truck/hoist inspection to name a few, lead role in accident investigation, root cause analysis and report out and involvement in various plant safety steering committees relating to safety improvements and new equipment/process installations from a safety perspective.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
- Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.