About the Chamber
The NORTH COUNTRY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is a regional chamber serving Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton and northern Warren Counties in New York State and southern Quebec. With more than 3,200 members, it is the largest business and economic development alliance in northern New York and one of the five largest chambers in the state. Our many services and activities include the following:
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, ranging from long-term strategic plans for positioning the North Country for success to the marketing of PLATTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
- SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT, detailed in the SMALL BUSINESS section.
- GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS, outlined in the GOVERNMENT ACTION section.
- QUEBEC-NEW YORK relations, including advocacy for our border crossing and the development of cross border commerce and investment.
- HEALTH INSURANCE services for small business and the self-employed.
- TOURISM PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT, including the area Visitors & Convention Bureau.
- INDUSTRIAL SUPPORT SERVICES, including workplace safety training, human resource management programs, workforce recruitment assistance, an On-the-Job Training Program, and export help among other valuable services for industrial employers in northern New York.
- AND MUCH MORE, including networking, referrals, discounts, targeted marketing opportunities, timely business news, and much, much more.
|Employees In Company||% Of Total Membership|
|5 or Fewer||58%|
|6 - 10||13%|
|11 - 30||16%|
|31 - 50||5%|
|51 - 100||4%|
|100 or More||4%|
100 YEARS OF HISTORY
The North Country Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1912.
Click Here to see 100 years of highlights.
Events & Programs