4/23/2019 - TWISTING TURNING BENDING/PREVENTING INJURYLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $13.00 / Non-Member Price: $13.00
Twisting Turning Bending/Preventing Injury
What is it? Education on safe work practices is a service tool that allows an employer to help employees understand and prevent potential ergonomic and musculoskeletal problems before they impact productivity and worker comfort and health.
Body and Ergonomic Interface Education: These sessions will reinforce basics of “Ergonomic Interface” principles and practice proper body mechanics specific to their jobs. The goal is to reduce the risk of soft tissue injury during work activities in any work environment. The training will focus on the “industrial athlete” concept of having a body and mind that is “fit” enough to do the job. This training will cover:
· Ergonomic Basics- Force/Posture/Repetition/Environment
· Proper Body Mechanics
· Body Patterning Changes
· Whole Body Motions
· Neutral Work Zones
· Prep & Recovery Review/Practice
· How the body works as a machine
· Basic ergonomic and body mechanic principles
· Education in stretching techniques to decrease worker fatigue and increase productivity.
Instructor: MICHAEL HUGHES, INJURY HEALTH MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
PTA, graduated from Colby-Sawyer College with a Bachelor's degree in Health Promotion and from Bay State College with an Associate’s degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant. Michael has been employed with IHMS since 2015 where he has provided a variety of injury prevention services to the State of Vermont and currently provides ergonomics and injury prevention services for United Technologies Aerospace Systems, Green Mountain Power, Weidmann Electric, Vermont Electric Co-Op, and Global Foundries. His focus is in outpatient orthopedic physical therapy as well as promotion of workplace wellness & injury prevention.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund