4/11/2019 - SPILL TEAM TRAININGLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $13.00 / Non-Member Price: $13.00
Spill Team Training
This course provides awareness and basic training for employees to respond to spills. The course will focus on OSHA requirements in dealing with chemical and petroleum spills and will touch upon other jurisdictional requirements.
· Planning for spill response
· Use of the Emergency Response Guidebook
· Spill identification
· Protection of responders (personal protective equipment)
· Spill containment procedures
· Spill cleanup procedures
· Paperwork and final notification procedures
Instructor: Erik Sandblom, P.E., KAS Inc.
Mr. Sandblom is Vice President and Principal Engineer at KAS, Inc., a professional consulting firm providing services in the areas of civil engineering, environmental management, and industrial hygiene. Mr. Sandblom has over 20 years of experience in design and construction and in the investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites. He has real world experience in implementing the health and safety programs that he covers in the programs that he presents and brings that experience into the classroom.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund