2/7/2019 - SUPERVISOR SAFETYLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:30 PM
Member Price: $25.00 / Non-Member Price: $25.00
Every department in your organization is under the watch of your first line of management- your supervisor. In addition the supervisor is under the watch of his or her employees. No other group in your organization has this kind of hands on, daily presence to influence behavior. This makes them a key part of your safety management system. Whether your supervisor is new to their role of are due for a refresher the Safety for Supervisor course will provide them with important tools to improve the organization toward a goal of zero incidents.
The following are some of the topics that will be covered:
· Developing and building a safety culture
· Managing performance issues
· Pre-job planning tools including Job Hazard Analysis, Single Point Lessons & other proactive tools.
· Accident Investigation
· Conducting safety meetings and safety tours/inspections
· Safety training for your employees. Training within Industry-Job Safety
· Using OSHA resources
Instructor: GEORGE MAUCH, CITEC
George Mauch has spent over thirty years with General Motors in various management positions. The majority of his career was spent in manufacturing. Concerning his role dealing with safety specifically responsible for training and implementation of safe work practices, rolling out new safety initiatives; Job hazard analysis, What’s wrong with this picture, Pre-task planning, Take two, Team board implementation and related safety metrics, and fork truck/hoist inspection to name a few, lead role in accident investigation, root cause analysis and report out and involvement in various plant safety steering committees relating to safety improvements and new equipment/process installations from a safety perspective.
· Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
· Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
· Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Funding Provided By: New York State Occupational Safety & Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund