6/12/2018 - Blood Borne Pathogens (BBP)Location: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $12.00 / Non-Member Price: $12.00
This is a rescheduled training
Workers in a variety of professions may be at risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens, for example, Medical Professionals, First Aid Team Members, and Cleaners (in certain circumstances). In 1991, OSHA issued the “Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030)”. OSHA issued this standard after determining that employees had a significant health risk as a result of occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious material (OPIM) from bloodborne pathogens such as hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). An employee whose work duties may result in occupational exposure of bloodborne pathogens are required to have this training.
Main topics covered in this course include:
· OSHA requirements from 29 CFR 1910.1030 including who has occupational exposure
· Exposure and health effects
· Exposure Control Plan
· Control methods and examples (HBV vaccinations and declinations)
· Post-exposure actions
Instructor: Lola Miller, LLM Safety Consulting
Lola Miller is Owner of LLM Safety Consulting. Lola has over fifteen years experience in health and safety. Her services include compliance and risk audits; creation of corporate safety standards including implementation guidance and training materials; and consultation assistance when dealing with OSHA and maintaining compliance with OSHA regulations. Lola has over 25 years of experience as an Advanced EMT - Critical Care Tek and is a Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED instructor.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
- Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.