2/27/2018 - HAZCOM-HAZARDOUS COMMUNICATION PROGRAM AND TRAININGLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 12:00 PM
Member Price: $12.00 / Non-Member Price: $12.00
HAZCOM – Hazardous Communication Program and Training
OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) requires employers to ensure chemical safety in the workplace. Information about the identity and hazards of chemicals must be available and understandable to all workers. This course will provide information about the OSHA requirements under the revised HCS including program and training requirements.
Main topics covered in this course include:
· Hazard Communication Standard (29CFR1910.1200)requirement overview
· Training requirements
· Elements of a written Hazardous Communication Program
· GHS elements including
* Hazard classification
* Labeling & Pictograms
* Safety Data Sheet
Instructor: Lola Miller, LLM Safety Consulting
Lola Miller is Owner of LLM Safety Consulting. Lola has over fifteen years experience in health and safety. Her services include compliance and risk audits; creation of corporate safety standards including implementation guidance and training materials; and consultation assistance when dealing with OSHA and maintaining compliance with OSHA regulations. Lola has over 25 years of experience as an Advanced EMT - Critical Care Tek and is a Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED instructor.
Funding Provided By:
New York State Occupational Safety and Health Hazard Abatement Board through the OSH T+E Fund
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
- Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.