10/24/2017 - Dealing With Difficult PeopleLocation: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 4:00 PM
Member Price: $195.00 / Non-Member Price: $295.00
Dealing With Difficult People
October 24, 2017
@ North Country Chamber of Commerce
We all heard the expression “It takes all kinds to make a world.” Unfortunately, some of these “kinds” can be very difficult to deal with in the workplace. The consequences of not being able to deal with these people are anxiety, stress and depression. This intensive hands-on seminar will teach you many skills to help you deal with unpleasant co-workers.
Identifying and Managing Performance Problems
· Managerial and organizational shortcomings
· Personal shortcomings of the employee
· Outside influences
· Identifying deficiencies
· How people change
· How to establish a performance improvement plan
· Lecturette: Defensive vs Supportive Communication
· Dealing with Defensive Communication
· Skill Practices
· Positive vs Negative Reinforcement
· Examples of both
· How to use Positive Reinforcement
The Passive-Aggressive (Indirect Aggressive) Person
· What it is: How to recognize the traits
· Dealing with him/her
The Difficult Co-Worker
· Self Assessment
· Practice interviews
· Disciplining procedures - Why they are necessary
· Discipline policy
· Five-step remedial discipline procedure
· Checklist for effective discipline policy
· Guidelines for disciplinary procedures
Speaker: Paul Loftus, Paul Loftus & Associates Inc.
Paul Loftus is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist, an Intercultural Consultant and a Freelance Journalist. He has conducted management development seminars throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
His seminars cover various areas of management skills including media interviews, cross cultural competence, managing diversity and the various seminars he will be conducting for the North Country Chamber.
He has appeared on a number of television and radio shows in Canada, Bermuda and Europe. He co-hosted a community television program in Montreal for many years. Paul has had many articles published in journals in North America, Europe and Asia. He co-wrote the book “Time Well Spent: Getting things done through effective time management” which was published by Kogan Page.
Paul graduated from University College Dublin, Ireland, with a B.Comm., and from Concordia University in Montreal with a B.A. in Psychology. He holds an M.Sc. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Lamar University, Texas.
His professional affiliations include membership in The Association for Talent Development, The American Management Association, The American Chamber of Commerce in Canada, The Society for Human Resource Management, The Ireland-Canada Chamber of Commerce, The British Quebec Business Coalition, The North Country Chamber of Commerce, The Montreal Press Club, The Quebec Writer’s Federation and others.
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged!
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.