9/27/2018 - Lift Truck Train-The-Trainer Certification OSHA 1910.178Location: North Country Chamber of Commerce
Start Time: 8:00 AM - End Time: 2:30 PM
Member Price: $99.00 / Non-Member Price: $175.00
Lift truck operation can present a very high exposure to serious injuries and death if safe practices are not observed or if operators and pedestrians do not understand the dangers of these vehicles. This course will provide individuals that are involved with safety training at their worksite, the basic knowledge and tools necessary to provide adequate classroom training to all mobile equipment operators and to employees who work around mobile equipment. Anyone who may be involved with lift truck operation, and safety committee representatives, will benefit from this course. It covers all of the OSHA required elements for classroom training .
All attendees will receive a Lift Truck Train-the-Trainer certificate that can be used as documentation of qualification to perform in-house class room training. In addition, a detailed training handout with material and forms will be provided to assist with the in-house training.
- Review OSHA Regulatory Requirements
- Review OSHA Training Requirements
- Discuss Basic Lift truck Operating Principles
- Discuss Forklift Stability Triangle
- Discuss Lift truck Safety Requirements
- Discuss Site Hazardous Driving Situations
- Conduct Written Test
- Review Requirements for the Site Performance Test
Instructor: Bruce Gray, Landrock E&S Consulting
Bruce Gray is President of Landrock E&S Consulting, Inc., a Plattsburgh firm providing Environmental and Safety consulting services. Bruce has twenty-three years experience in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, including 15 years as the Environmental & Safety Manager at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals in Rouses Point. Bruce received his Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from Lehigh University and his Master of Arts in Management from Plattsburgh State University.
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments.
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar & no shows will be charged!